Skip to main content

Lets try this again

So it's been almost a year since I posted :p as you can see I am not so great with the upkeep on a blog. But through this past year I have been thinking about what direction I want my life to go in. I recently turned 21, and I also got to go to NYC which had been a dream of mine since I was 8. And let me tell you, NYC was very inspiring to me. I have long wanted to do something in the creative world, and am considering getting a degree in graphic design. But for now while I start my journey I hope to keep up with this blog a little better for my personal creative outlet.


So now for a recent project :) I have recently tried my had at card making, and while I'm still not positive I like it, it does help get my creativity satisfied when I can't work on a larger project.

Today I made an easel card for a coworker of mine. She seems like she needed a pick me up so I made this "just because" card using Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity shop. I layered the some of the paper onto the black cardstock base I made, and then fussy cute several images from the paper. For the "just because" I just stamped on a piece of cream cardstock using ranger inks walnut stain. I distressed the edges and attached it to the card using a Tim Holtz pin. Enjoy!

Pin It

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No-Line Watercolor Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a card I made using Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp and coordinating die set. I made this card using the no-line watercolor technique. I have recently started using this technique and I cannot stop! I absolutely adore it!! You can see how I made the card in the video below: Please note that I was editing late on little sleep, and referred to this technique as the brushless watercolor technique. Oops. This is why I need copious amounts of coffee at all times. For this card I decided to try watercoloring with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I super loved they way the watercolored, and I will definitely use them again for this. I'm fairly new to using Lawn Fawn stamps. I love all the cutesy, and I'm really enjoying using them in different ways. I have never been a stamper but I am so loving it! Thanks for stopping by! -AR

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!) I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog. I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card. I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!! If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below: Thanks for stopping by! -A.R.

Life update

Hello all!! Sorry to have been a bit MIA the last little bit. Work has kept me pretty busy, and on top of that I was switching my studio from one area to another so that I had more space.  Stay tuned for new projects and tutorials soon, and as always be sure to follow me on Instagram @Amrtlj to see what I’m doing or working on between blog posts.  Thanks for stopping by! AR