Skip to main content

Santoro Stamps and Coloring

So I'll start off by saying that I am NOT much of a stamper. I like them, but I never seem to know what to do with them.

About a month ago I was at the lovely scrapbook store in Branson, MO and found these adorable stamps by Santoro Gorjuss.  They have a very strong Alice in Wonderland vibe to me (which for anyone who knows me, I ADORE.) I held off that trip but I made another trip yesterday and decided to splurge and buy a few.

When I got home I busted out one of my mixed media art pads so I could stamp them and decide how I liked coloring them best.

I have several different makers, watercolors, pencils, etc to choose from.
I decided to try out each image with a different one to see what I personally liked best.

All the images.


So for the first one I did I decided to use the Tim Holtz distress markers to color it in. I like that they can be toned down or blended out with water.
I like the way this turned out, though I'm not crazy about some of the harsh edges I got. I will be trying a few different things next time I use them to avoid that.



For the next one I used the Spectrum Noir markers. I really like these, but I had issues with the colors blending which makes me crazy. It's most noticeable on the arm of the girl.  For part of her dress I used watered down Tim Holtz Distress Crayon is Festive Berries.


For the third girl I used a couple of the Copic markers that I have. I'm still learning how to use the Copics. I like them, but I've noticed that no matter what ink I use to stamp my image it makes the black ink smear. I haven't noticed this with the spectrum markers.


For my last image, this go round, I used my Prisma Color pencils. I love these, and this is what I use 98% of the time.


So out of all the images I have finished, I think the girl in the teacup is my favorite. I haven't used my watercolor pencils or crayons yet, but I plan on getting to that later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Altina R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No-Line Watercolor Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a card I made using Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp and coordinating die set. I made this card using the no-line watercolor technique. I have recently started using this technique and I cannot stop! I absolutely adore it!! You can see how I made the card in the video below: Please note that I was editing late on little sleep, and referred to this technique as the brushless watercolor technique. Oops. This is why I need copious amounts of coffee at all times. For this card I decided to try watercoloring with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I super loved they way the watercolored, and I will definitely use them again for this. I'm fairly new to using Lawn Fawn stamps. I love all the cutesy, and I'm really enjoying using them in different ways. I have never been a stamper but I am so loving it! Thanks for stopping by! -AR

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!) I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog. I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card. I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!! If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below: Thanks for stopping by! -A.R.

Life update

Hello all!! Sorry to have been a bit MIA the last little bit. Work has kept me pretty busy, and on top of that I was switching my studio from one area to another so that I had more space.  Stay tuned for new projects and tutorials soon, and as always be sure to follow me on Instagram @Amrtlj to see what I’m doing or working on between blog posts.  Thanks for stopping by! AR