Skip to main content

Graphic 45 2018 Brand Ambassador Audition

Hello all!

I am so beyond excited to be auditioning for the Graphic 45 team this year!!

I was very proud to have made the top 30 two years ago, and am hopeful to make the team this year.

For my audition I decided to do one of my favorite things, scrapbooking. I began scrapbooking at age 16 and over the years it’s developed into card making, and eventually to mixed media. Taking the time to learn mixed media has really helped me to grow as an artist, and I am now taking back what I have learned to my scrapbooking.

For my page I decided to use the Raining Cats and Dogs collection to showcase a photo of my little black pug, Maddie. Maddie is always at my side wanting to know what I am up to, and am I going to share my food.



I am all about dimension and texture on my pages. For this page I decided to try sewing around the edges. I am very happy with the way this turned out and felt it just gave an added detail to my page.




I fussy cut several images from the paper for this layout. I LOVE to fussy cut. A tip for extra dimension on your layouts is to layer some cardboard beneath sections of the paper. The photo is sitting probably a half inch off the base layer of the page. 
I also took some Distress Oxide in Vintage photo, mixed in some water, and splattered across my page to give the idea of a "muddy" look. I felt this tied in great with the paper, even though my dog does not like the mud!

For my second project I made a tag featuring the new Little Women paper! I ADORE classic books, and Little Women happens to be one of my favorites. I was super excited when this collection was announced! I was also incredibly excited to use the new Graphic 45 tag dies! This made building my tag so easy.




I have included a step-by-step Snapguide tutorial to show you how easy it was to make this tag!

Check out How to Graphic 45 Little Woman Tag by Altina Robinson on Snapguide.


Thank you so much for your consideration!! Graphic 45 has been my favorite paper company for several years now, and it thrills my fangirl heart to even be considered.

Please be sure to check me out on Instagram at Amrtlj, and on Youtube also at Amrtlj

Thanks for stopping by! 
-Altina Robinson


Comments

  1. Hello Altina! Thank you for sharing your beautiful layout and tag tutorial. We your work. Happy Papercrafting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Busy, Busy, Busy

My apologizes for going so long without a post. Summer is always a very busy time for me. Hopefully as things slow down a bit I will be able to post more. So lately I have been very into Steampunk. I have recently done some tags with this theme. I like making tags because I find them to be quick an easy, but still make me feel like I have gotten my creativity out. I plan on making more tags, and try altering items this summer. I got some AMAZING bottles and little knick-knacks to embellish with at this awesome little antique store in Bell Buckle TN when I was there visiting friends. Enjoy! -Altina R.

Hello

Hello all!! I realized today that I have been very MIA from the world of blogging. Since I last posted I have shifted my gears a bit in terms of what I have been working on.  While I am still very much doing altered art, I have been focusing on my drawing and painting skills. Learning new mediums, and reconnecting with old ones has also been something I have been working towards.  My goal this year is to keep a more active blog, as well as to begin filming more YouTube videos.  In the mean time if you wish to keep up with more of what I have been up to, please visit me on Instagram at Amrtlj or use the hashtag #theoddwhimsy to find me.  Thanks for stopping by! -Altina 

Throwback Thursday

Ok so I have never been one for all the "throwback Thursday" stuff but I thought I would play along this once. This is a layout I did awhile back for Die Cuts With A View's monthly Stack-a-Holic challenge. I don't often scrap myself, but I thought I would for once.  I used DCWV's Timeless Type stack, which I love. I like anything old and grungy, and this paper really worked well for the pictures I was using.  My apologized for the slightly blurry photo, there is so much dimension on the page it's difficult to pull out of the album, so I left it in. Enjoy!-AR