Skip to main content

Donut Worry (Be Happy) Card with Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!!

Lately I have been playing around with new mediums and techniques, trying to expand my skills and knowledge.

My latest discover is the adorable stamps by Lawn Fawn!!
I will be the first to admit that stamping is fairly new to me. I have been collecting stamps for years, but haven't really used them. I have been watching TONS of videos on Youtube trying to learn new things. This has been a huge learning curve for me!!

But after a couple of days of practice, I think I am getting the hang of things.

So here is my first card, using the adorable "Donut Worry" stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


The inside is stamped with "(Be Happy)" from the stamp set


I started by using a 5.5x5.5 card from Recollections. I cut out some heart paper from Graphic 45 with the largest of the large stitched square dies (in LOVE with these!!) which I then popped up from the card base with some 3D foam squares.

The donuts were stamped onto some Bristol Smooth card stock. I only own a couple of Copic markers so I used two different methods to color the donuts. The pink frosted donut is watercolored using Tim Holtz Distress Markers, and the other two are colored with Prima Color colored pencils. I then used glossy accents on the pink donut to make it appeared glazed. I used stickles on the other two.

I had a lot of fun making this card!!

Thanks for stopping by!
-A. R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No-Line Watercolor Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a card I made using Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp and coordinating die set. I made this card using the no-line watercolor technique. I have recently started using this technique and I cannot stop! I absolutely adore it!! You can see how I made the card in the video below: Please note that I was editing late on little sleep, and referred to this technique as the brushless watercolor technique. Oops. This is why I need copious amounts of coffee at all times. For this card I decided to try watercoloring with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I super loved they way the watercolored, and I will definitely use them again for this. I'm fairly new to using Lawn Fawn stamps. I love all the cutesy, and I'm really enjoying using them in different ways. I have never been a stamper but I am so loving it! Thanks for stopping by! -AR

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!) I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog. I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card. I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!! If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below: Thanks for stopping by! -A.R.

Life update

Hello all!! Sorry to have been a bit MIA the last little bit. Work has kept me pretty busy, and on top of that I was switching my studio from one area to another so that I had more space.  Stay tuned for new projects and tutorials soon, and as always be sure to follow me on Instagram @Amrtlj to see what I’m doing or working on between blog posts.  Thanks for stopping by! AR