Skip to main content

Scrapbooking with World's Fair

When I was 15, my family moved from Missouri to Texas. I quickly reconnected with some old friends, one of whom introduced me to scrapbooking. I fell in love immediately and I have been hooked ever since.

Scrapbooking quickly lead to making mini albums, card making, altered canvas, up cycled items, and mixed media.
I kept scrapbooking on and off, but found myself spending less and less time on it as I learned new things.  

So yesterday I decided to try my hand at it again after about two years. I picked a photo of myself and my mother from when she and I went to see the Broadway tour of Wicked when it was in Springfield MO earlier this year.


I chose Graphic 45's World's Fair paper for this layout. I wanted something very bright and colorful. I chose to make my photo black and white to help draw the eye in.





I did lots of fussy cutting and distressing for this layout. Lots of pop dots where used! I used Tim Holtz distress inks in Spiced Marmalade, Blueprint Sketch, Walnut Stain, and Wild Honey for my background papers. I think it gave them all a nice extra pop of color.

Thanks for stopping by!
-AR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No-Line Watercolor Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a card I made using Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp and coordinating die set. I made this card using the no-line watercolor technique. I have recently started using this technique and I cannot stop! I absolutely adore it!! You can see how I made the card in the video below: Please note that I was editing late on little sleep, and referred to this technique as the brushless watercolor technique. Oops. This is why I need copious amounts of coffee at all times. For this card I decided to try watercoloring with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I super loved they way the watercolored, and I will definitely use them again for this. I'm fairly new to using Lawn Fawn stamps. I love all the cutesy, and I'm really enjoying using them in different ways. I have never been a stamper but I am so loving it! Thanks for stopping by! -AR

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!) I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog. I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card. I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!! If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below: Thanks for stopping by! -A.R.

Life update

Hello all!! Sorry to have been a bit MIA the last little bit. Work has kept me pretty busy, and on top of that I was switching my studio from one area to another so that I had more space.  Stay tuned for new projects and tutorials soon, and as always be sure to follow me on Instagram @Amrtlj to see what I’m doing or working on between blog posts.  Thanks for stopping by! AR