Skip to main content

Rag Quilt

So I didn't something this last week I haven't don't in awhile: Sewing!! 
I recently bought a new sewing machine and was dying to try it out. I had a friend who was having a birthday coming up, so I took to Pinterest to decide what to make

I settled on a rag quilt after my cousin posted one she made to Facebook. My best friend is a rag quilt queen so I pestered her with questions. 

  
I decided on a purple and blue color scheme and so bought four different purple and four different blues. I got a yard of each in 100% cotton. I also got a few yards of white flannel for the middle.

My quilt blocks I cut to seven inches so that when sewn they would be six inches. I used a half inch seam allowance. My blocks consisted of fabric, flannel, fabric. I pinned the blocks together and then sewed  an "x" across each one.  Once done with the help of my mom I laid them out how I wanted. 


I then pinned the blocks in to rows and sewed them together. 


Once all together it was time to start cutting!! This took me several hours over the course of a couple of days. I got VERY tired of cutting. 

Once that was done it was into the washer, dried, and then repeated once more. The final result was beautiful!

I loved the way it turned out!! And I cannot wait to make another :) 

Thanks for stopping by!-AR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No-Line Watercolor Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a card I made using Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp and coordinating die set. I made this card using the no-line watercolor technique. I have recently started using this technique and I cannot stop! I absolutely adore it!! You can see how I made the card in the video below: Please note that I was editing late on little sleep, and referred to this technique as the brushless watercolor technique. Oops. This is why I need copious amounts of coffee at all times. For this card I decided to try watercoloring with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I super loved they way the watercolored, and I will definitely use them again for this. I'm fairly new to using Lawn Fawn stamps. I love all the cutesy, and I'm really enjoying using them in different ways. I have never been a stamper but I am so loving it! Thanks for stopping by! -AR

Feel Better Shaker Card

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my very first shaker card!! I have been watching all kinds of videos on shaker cards and I have just been so inspired to make one myself. So I went to Michaels and Joann and bought everything I would possibly need for fillers (hooray for coupons!!) I was inspired to do a get well card for the 6th challenge on the Lawn Fawn Fanatics blog. I used the Baked with Love and the Treat Yourself stamp sets for this card. I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I love the colors, and I LOVE the shaker element. I will definitely be making more of these cards in the future!! If you want to see how I made this card please check out the video below: Thanks for stopping by! -A.R.

Life update

Hello all!! Sorry to have been a bit MIA the last little bit. Work has kept me pretty busy, and on top of that I was switching my studio from one area to another so that I had more space.  Stay tuned for new projects and tutorials soon, and as always be sure to follow me on Instagram @Amrtlj to see what I’m doing or working on between blog posts.  Thanks for stopping by! AR